COVID-19 Information for Sherwood Park Farmers Market- April 13, 2020
OUTDOOR MARKET IS OPEN
2 to 7 PM during COVID-19
Emerald Hills Canadian Tire
3000 Emerald Drive
Sherwood Park AB
We recognize that with the constantly changing COVID-19 situation is an uncertain time for everyone. Please know that during this trying period, your safety and the safety of our staff and market vendors will always be our TOP PRIORITY. We are here to provide you with essential food and other essential services in a very safe way.
The SPFM will diligently monitor the rapidly evolving situation around COVID-19. We are working extremely closely with Alberta Health Services to ensure we are following all necessary steps to ensure public safety.
So, at this point, unless otherwise directed by AHS, we have planned that the SPFM will be open EARLY and that we are taking ALL precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
Health Safety Measures for our Vendors and Market staff:
- We are considered an essential service, just like a grocery store.
- Market Sanitization at entrance as well as Required Public Notice Signage
- Limiting customer numbers inside market area
- Encouraging the “Get In- Get Product-Get Out Quickly” practice
- Monitoring the 2M Physical Distancing between vendor tables as well as asking customers to do so amongst themselves.
- Each vendor will have sanitization supplies at their table locations and use good hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing after each transaction and wearing of gloves.
- All stations and any areas where customers have touch contact are to be sanitized frequently during Market Opening
- Limit touching of packing Customer Bags
- Vendors will not be permitted to hand out Samples at this time
10 Best Practices for Members of the Public
- Follow all Market Staff directions with patience, knowing we always have your and our vendors safety in mind. Use only designated entrances and exits set up by market.
- Use good hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing during and after you leave the market.
- Move away from others if you feel the need to cough or sneeze, Cover coughs and sneezes; arm versus coughing or sneezing into their hands. Immediately seek out sanitization if needed.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth at all times, especially with unwashed hands. Wash hands for min 20 Seconds!
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- Practice the 2M Physical Distancing between other patrons
- Point at item required rather than pick them up. Vendor will place item close to you once you have purchased.
- Shop quickly and avoid lingering at vendor tables and in groups.
- Customers will be asked to place purchased items in their own bags, thus, eliminating Vendor contact with customer bags.
- Use Debit Cards at participating Vendors who have POS (point of sales) units. Vendors who only accept cash will be taking extra precautionary methods to sanitize currency and hands.
We will continue to keep you updated Sherwood Park Farmer’s Market thanks you for your patience and your patronage to our market.
Thank you for shopping local as well as supporting our local small business owners.
Click Here for Details on Optional OUTDOOR Parking Lot Pre-Order and Pickup Option during the COVID-19 Situation.