1. Vendors are accepted based on the items approved as listed on the application form, and as such may only sell approved items.
2. All Food Vendors are responsible for knowing & complying with all applicable health regulations.
3. All products sold at Sherwood Park Farmers Market must conform to the AHS Regulations and Standards of Cleanliness. All vendors selling consumable food products must provide a copy of their AHS Food Sanitation & Hygiene Certification and/or Home Study Course Certification with their application.
4. All Food Vendors must display, visible to the public, their AHS certification within their stall.
5. All Food Vendors: All prepared food items must be pre-packaged as per AHS regulations and labelled according to CFIA (Canadian Food Inspections Agency) standards.
6. All Food Vendors: Serving samples of your product is encouraged, provided you meet the AHS Farmers Market guidelines. Vendors providing samples must supply garbage containers in a location easily visible and accessible to customers
7. All Food Vendors: Please note that if you wish to SERVE HOT FOOD you must fill in a Concession Application Form. Any vendor caught breaking this rule will be immediately shut down and permanently removed from the market, with no refund forthcoming.
8. B.C. Fruit Vendors: may sell only B.C. Fruit. Fruit from any other province or state is not allowed. B.C. Fruit vendors must have inspection slips available at market. A release permit for inter-provincial transport of B.C. Fruit must be obtained by vendors transporting their own fruit, and be produced as requested by the Market Manager. Interprovincial trade of fruit requires an inspection certificate and proper labelling.
9. Organic: If your company is considered “Organic” or you are a beekeeper, documentation supporting this must accompany your application.
10. All inflatables must provide a copy of liability insurance for $2 million dollars listing Strathcona County as additional insured. Proof of Alberta Elevating Devices & Amusement Rides Safety Association (AEDARSA) for each inflatable must be submitted.
11. Vendors must remove all garbage including bags, boxes, and refuse from produce. All vendors are responsible for cleaning up their stall area.
12. Vendors are required to be in place by 9:00 am and ready to operate by 9:45am. There is NO vehicle access after 9:00 am and only vendors listed on the Market map will be allowed entrance.
13. Vendors may not loan, give or sublease the stall(s) assigned to them.
14. Vendor tables are subject to inspection by Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, AFMA (Alberta Farmers’ Market Association) and Alberta Health Services (AHS) without notice. Any vendor found not to be in compliance with Alberta Health Services regulations will be immediately removed from the market and any monies paid will be forfeited.
15. Public selling begins at 10:00 am. This excludes sales from vendor to vendor.
16. Public selling ends promptly at 5:00 pm. Vendors MAY NOT take down their stall prior to 5:00 pm due to safety issues for other vendors and customers.
17. The Outdoor market is an all-weather market. Vendors are required to operate in a variety of weather conditions including rain, snow or sunshine. In the event of extreme weather (severe lightening, tornado, etc) the Market Manager may delay setting up of the market, or close the market until the extreme
weather threat has passed.
18. For the Outdoor Market tent weights are MANDATORY. Weights should be no less than 25 lbs per tent leg. Failure to have proper weights on your tent, may result in your being asked to take down your tent. This is for your safety as well as the customers.
19. Vendors are required to provide all things necessary to sell at the market. All tents, tables and displays must fit within the designated 10 x 10 area. Vendors using more than the allotted space will be charged for a 2nd stall.
20. Vendors are expected to behave in an ethical & professional manner at all times. Failure to do so will result in an automatic expulsion and all monies forfeited. Any complaints received concerning unprofessional conduct, including but not limited to the use of profane language, smoking, cleanliness of the vendor or vendors’ product will be considered grounds for dismissal from the Market. Insubordination, the consumption of alcohol, drugs or fighting during the market will be grounds for immediate dismissal.
21. Disputes among vendors and/or customers must be brought to the Market Manager.
22. Vendors may address complaints concerning the market, its operation, and rules to the Market Manager. If there is an unsatisfactory resolution of the concern(s), please email your concerns, and steps undertaken for resolution, to the Sherwood Park Farmers ‘Market Board Executive.
23. Failure to comply with Market Rules & Regulations may result in immediate dismissal from the Canada Day Market. All decisions made by the Sherwood Park Farmers Market Society and its appointed Farmers’ Market Manager are final.
24. Vendors are not allowed to bring pets to the Market and no pets are allowed within any stall at any time at the market. Only service dogs are allowed and proof of certification must accompany the application. Customers are required to keep their pets on a short leash at all times.
Note: The Sherwood Park Farmers Market Board & its Market Manager reserve the right to change, interpret and
enforce these policies and guidelines as deemed necessary to maintain consistency and individuality of the market
for the benefit of all served by the market.